What is TRX?
TRX is Total Body Resistance Exercise. Invented by a Navy SEAL; Aaron Baldwin. Although techniques like this have been used in a similar fashion throughout history; using the environment as a gym. Bruce Lee used techniques such as ice lifting, which was trying to push immovable objects to develop a core strength.
Suspension Training bodyweight exercise develops strength, balance, flexibility and core stability simultaneously. TRX is a full-body strength workout that utilizes a person’s own body weight instead of relying on machines or dumbbells. It’s good for endurance athletes, power lifters, and fitness newbies alike.
It requires the use of the TRX Suspension Trainer, a highly portable performance training tool that leverages gravity and the user’s body weight to complete 100’s of exercises.
Advantages of TRX
- The core is challenged in every exercise– The core includes pelvis, abs, back and chest muscles. It is the core that improves your body stability, balance and flexibility. Everything you do in your life connects with the core; whether you bow down to pick up a pen, wash a car or play basketball with the kids.
- Strong and stable core helps significantly prevent injuries not only in the lower back, but in the whole of the body.
- Reduces body weight and gravitation – you adapt the system to your fitness level by readjusting your body closer to or further from the anchor point. This enables you to perform more and more demanding training.
|Single leg squat||10 (each leg)||20 seconds|
|Atomic Push Up||10||20 seconds|
|Low Row||10||20 seconds|
|Balance Lunge||10 (each leg)||20 seconds|
|Side Plank||30 seconds (each leg)||20 seconds|
All models come with the following:
- A mesh bag: The TRX packs down to the size of a football and will easily fit in your lunge.
- A lightweight and durable build: TRX weighs only 1.4lbs or 0.6kg and has a weight limit up to 1400lbs (600kg).
- A door anchor: put the anchor over the top of the door then close it to get a effect anchor point for your TRX.
- A suspension anchor: the suspension anchor allows you to anchor your TRX on pretty much anything.
- Padded foot cradles and handles: the padded handles and foot cradles mean you do not need to inflict any more pain on yourself than necessary.
- Workout plans: all models come with a workout and exercise guide. You put together your workouts based on your goals.
TRX Full Body Workout – complete 3 rounds of each circuits rest 2 minutes between each circuit.
- TRX Bicep Curl
- Jump rope 30s
- TRX Triceps Extensions
- Mountain climber 30s
- TRX squat
- In-in-out-out with 2 ropes
- TRX Pike
- TRX Plank
- TRX Squat Jump
- Side to Side Pop Squat with Step
- TRX Row
- Long Jump 30s
- TRX Fly
- Twisting Toe Touch 30s
- TRX Superman
- 180° Jump 30s
- TRX Curtsy Lunge
- Jump Lunge 30
Doing TRX requires will power, the same as any other exercise. But once you get started you will find it becomes more enjoyable when you see the results.
Place an order today with Prima Fitness and you will not regret the body that you develop.